Monday, June 24, 2013

June 10, 2013


I got news on Saturday that I am going to stay here in E-town for another transfer. I am hoping that I can adequately express how I feel. So this is going to be way crazy. A reason why I am stoked about it, is because I will get to see the family we have been working with  be baptized. I am stoked about this upcoming transfer because FT. Knox is opening up this Sunday. So basically what it is,is  for the summer they are bringing back basic training to FT. Knox. It's a little different than basic training, but its new people in the military coming to FT. Knox for training. So what it’s going to consist of is on Wednesday and Sunday nights, Elder Anderson and I will be going up to FT. Knox and teaching a group of young military people. It’s a class that they can take and so it’s almost like the perfect finding and teaching model, because they come to us because they are looking for something in their life, and also they want to get away from the training regimen for a few hours for religion. So we will be teaching a class of like 10 to 30 people every Wednesday and Sunday. Since they are in the military we will be able to teach and baptize them within a month because they should be living the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. So it’s kind of nerve racking, but it’s reassuring because Bro. Byrnes specifically asked for Elder Anderson and I to come and teach the class. So I am actually pretty happy that I am staying. I might actually die off here in E-town so I should change my mission plaque to the E-town, Lexington mission. So yeah that's going to be a blast.
Love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment