Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013

Hi everyone,

You asked my about the broadcast on missionary work that was broadcast- yeah we heard that the broadcast last night was amazing, and I'm actually watching it right now as we speak. Last night Elder Anderson and I weren't able to watch it because we were actually up on Ft. Knox teaching. I am looking forward to what was announced during the broadcast and hearing about it. So Ft. Knox went a little bit better this last week. There were like 7 people there and one of them was a non-member. So we have officially got a new investigator from Ft. Knox. So we will just keep plugging away up there on Ft.Knox.  So the family that we are working with is doing amazing!! We had an FHE with them last Monday and they absolutely loved it. We played charades with them and it from the scriptures. Their date is set for July 13th and they are so ready to be baptized. They are solid. Now what we have to do is to pray and continue teaching them and keep them away from the adversary.

I had a pretty good birthday. I really loved my present. Elder Anderson and I played with my toys, a little bit too much when we first got them. I really loved the small blueish dude. I named him Ooalala OoLavaley. It means cute, cuddly, and crazy in the Sumoan language. I went on an exchange over to Radcliff on my birthday and they are working with a Sumoan family and so I asked them how to say those words and they told me, so that's what I named him. The reason why is because he is cute and cuddly, but also he is crazy with the lights. Thank you! :).

In Elder’s Quorum we had a lesson on forgiveness and love and it hit home. Forgiving someone is like a muscle, the more you exercise it, and the easier it becomes to forgive people and their trespasses. It's truly a blessing because sometimes I feel like I get stuck in a rut or become overly confident in myself, but then Heavenly Father sends me a trial and it humbles me and reminds me who I am and who I depend on and because of it, it allows me to move forward. 

Love you Family!

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment